Maine Land Share 2020
The Maine Land Share Project connects people who want to grow food with people who have land to share.
As our communities struggle with the rippling effects of the COVID-19 virus, there is no better time then now to share what we have and to reconnect with the healing and nourishing power of land.
Please follow these links to describe what you’re seeking or what you can offer:
- Do you have access to, or know about, resources that can support food growers this season? (seeds, soil, tools, knowledge, etc.)
We will work to find matches that meet everyone’s needs and requests.
In making these connections, we prioritize requests from members of communities most affected by historical harms and current social and economic challenges.
We may not always be able to find a match in your location, but we will do our best.
If a match is made, we will help to:
- design a land sharing arrangement that works best for everyone
- create a written land sharing agreement
- make connections with knowledgeable people who can provide gardening/farming advice and support
- source necessary seeds, seedlings, tools, and other materials
- troubleshoot needs and challenges that arise during the season
Questions? Ideas? Collaborations?
- Learn more about how the Land Share Project works here.
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: (207) 754-7575 (Ethan Miller, project contact)
Please consider making a donation
Financial support is crucial to making this project work. If you have extra to share, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support Maine Land Share.
100% of donations we collect for this project will go directly to organizers and gardeners/farmers from most-impacted communities. This includes purchase of seeds, soil, tools, and other necessary resources, assistance with childcare and transportation as needed, and support for front-line organizers helping to facilitate work on the land.
Donate online here: